We promote optimal
health to prolong life, by preventing disease and assuring protection of
the public’s health in our community and environment.
Quality Improvement Program
Quality improvement is a systematic approach to
assessing services and improving them on a priority
basis. The Branch-Hillsdale-St. Joseph Community Health
Agency approach to quality improvement is based on the
- Customer Focus. High quality organizations
focus on their internal and external customers and
on meeting or exceeding needs and expectations.
- Employee Empowerment. Effective programs
involve people at all levels of the organization in
- Leadership Involvement. Strong leadership,
direction and support of quality improvement
activities by the Board of Health and the Health
Officer are the keys to performance improvement.
This involvement of organizational leadership
assures that quality improvement initiatives are
consistent with the agency mission.
- Data Informed Practice. Successful QI processes
create feedback loops, using data to inform practice
and measure results. Fact-based decisions are likely
to be correct decisions.
- Statistical Tools. For continuous improvement of
care, tools and methods are needed that foster
knowledge and understanding. CQI organizations use a
defined set of analytic tools such as run charts,
cause and effect diagrams, flowcharts, Pareto charts
and control charts to turn data into information.
- Prevention instead of Correction. Continuous
Quality Improvement seeks to design good processes
to achieve excellent outcomes rather than fix
processes after the fact.
- Continuous Improvement. Processes must be
continually reviewed and improved. Small
incremental changes do make an impact, and our
Agency can almost always find an opportunity to make
Quality Improvement Tools
The Tools included below are intended for employees
of Community Health Agency to:
- Educate staff about Quality Improvement
- Empower staff in the goal/objective process
- Provide information to staff about what is
- Inform staff of current agency information and
reports on progress