"Your Local 
Health Department"


Quick Info About Health Topics

About Us


Health Data



Employment Opportunities







Hillsdale Human Services Network

Healthy Michigan

Dental Clinic

Quick Links for BHSJ Staff Use and CD Reporting

We promote optimal health to prolong life, by preventing disease and assuring protection of the publicís health in our community and environment.



Health Education
& Promotion

Area Agency
on Aging




en EspaŮol

Type II Noncommunity Water Supply

Inspection and permit program for non-municipal water supply systems which provide water to 25 or more people at least 60 days per year (i.e. motels, factories, schools which are not on municipal water systems). Concerns regarding the maintenance of a particular public water system can be reported by calling the following: 

Branch County 517-279-9561 x 0106#
Hillsdale County 517-437-7395 x 0311#
St. Joseph County 269-273-2161 x 0233#

Upcoming Changes Impacting Noncommunity Water Supplies

Now available on YouTube, is a 21 minute video describing upcoming changes impacting noncommunity water supplies (NCWS).  Introduction to the Michigan Revised Total Coliform Rule  This presentation is intended for water system owners and operators.

On April 1, 2016, the Revised Total Coliform Rule (RTCR) will go into effect replacing the current regulations.  It is expected that many noncommunity water supply systems will have increased coliform bacteria monitoring.  Owners and operators will be taking on a more active role in assessing their water supply for possible deficiencies in the case of a coliform positive water results. 

The video is an introduction to the RTCR and the requirements that apply to all NCWS, including coliform bacteria sampling frequencies and system assessments. Another YouTube video will be available by August 15, 2015, that describes the specific requirements for NCWS defined by the RTCR as seasonal systems. Both videos will be linked on the DEQ Web-site at the address below.

There are nearly 10,000 NCWS in Michigan.  A Noncommunity Water Supply is a water system that provides water for drinking or potable purposes to 25 or more persons at least 60 days per year.  NCWS includes schools, restaurants, motels, campgrounds, and churches that are not connected to a community (municipal) water supply.

For more information visit  www.michigan.gov/deqnoncommunitywatersupply

Or, contact the Noncommunity and Private Drinking Water Supplies Unit, Office of Drinking Water and Municipal Assistance at 517-284-6542 for further information. You may also contact your Local Health Departmentís Environmental Health Office.

Resources and Forms

Application for Commercial Water Supply Permit

570 N. Marshall Rd
Coldwater, MI  49036

20 Care Drive
Hillsdale, MI 49242

1110 Hill St.
Three Rivers, MI  49093

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Clinic Services - Environmental Health - Health Promotion & Education